08 April 2006

:: Pakistan experience ::

Lahore ~ Karachi (Pakastian)

A few days ago, i was at Karachi, the city of Pakastan. Throughout the entire episode, i experienced little surprises here and there...Here it goes:

On the way to Karachi, there was a Pakastini passenger sitted near our galley. I was warned by my fellow colleague that he was a little perverted ("she" as the chinese says...). I tried to keep a distance away from him though we shook hands as he introduced himself. But i wasn't spared the verbal harassment. His english was a little poor and i couldn't make out what he said(with a disgusting grin)..."you wanna 'checkin'? after arrival? wanna 'checkin'? I said no and excused myself. I started to ponder what the hell he was talking about. Then, one by one, colleagues came by and said what they had experienced with this passenger. One was "accidentally" touched by him on the breast (2 times?!?!), the others were visually and verbally harassed as well. Now! I understood what he was trying to say! I think what he meant was "Shagging"!!!! I almost threw up!! Yeeeks!!!! Anyway, he was being warned by my colleague..that's when he started to behave. Sigh~ It's like as though he has never seen a woman!!

Once the door was opened for the aircraft cleaners to come on board when we transitted in Lahore, swamps of flies infested our aircraft!!! Crew and passengers were seen busy trying to kill those flies....It was such a funny scene! And i was secretly praying that these flies will die at 28,000 ft!
One passenger even suggested to me that we should install those blue light thingy that attract and kill these flies. Hmm...


The hotel was pretty big i guess.... So big that even after I bunk in with Jenn, we still have a far bit of space to move around... TWO double size beds!! The next day, three of us rented a car (with a driver) and went sight-seeing. Karachi wasn't really a sight-seeing place but still..there are still some historical sites. As we stepped out of our hotel, we realised that there weren't many women around....and eerrr.... these men kept looking at us as if we were aliens from Venus. It doesn't help when my colleagues wore big oversized shades while i wore a...eerrr....bright pink top. Heehee..By the way, most of the men wore the same kind and colour of clothes!!! With their beard, colour and same clothing, it is really difficult to tell them apart!

At the Mausoleum of Quaid-E-Azam (Father of Pakistan), one guy even approached us for an AUTOGRAPH!!!!!! What the!??!??!?!! Almost instantly, our driver shouted at him to back off....waaaaah...a bodyguard for us girls...just like a star!
Another group of school girls there eagerly came to us and hand signalled to us. I thought she asked me to take a picture for them...To my surprise, they all wanted to take a picture with us! Now, we really feel like a star! hahahhahaa....(yea, i know...cheap thrill. Whatever...Bleah!)

Next, we went to the Mohatta Palace, which is actually a museum. It is interesting to learn about their history, how Pakistan came about and culture of Pakastini. We actually saw 2 bottles of foetus drowned in some chemical water....Yeeks...and i still couldn't believe they are real, no matter how many times the local guide told me they are. I just refused to believe!! It's...simply disgusting!!!!
I also saw some photos being featured and i was kinda intrigued by it...Photo journalism....how i wish i had such skill and opportunity.....I tried to secretly take some pics on the street without the people's knowing...

I tried my luck at the next stop - The tomb of Abdullah Shah Ghazi...
The driver warned us that it was pretty dangerous to go up there as as our religion were different and the people might not like the way we were dressed. So we decided to take a look outside. I dunno why....but it seemed to me that the people there were all beggars.....lingering around...seemed to be waiting for something....We didn't stay long but i was able to capture a few images:

Oh...the last stop we went was the Clifton beach. Hmm..nothing spectacular except for the fact that it was my first time riding a camel!! Hmm...yea..not in Cairo..but in Karachi. Hahahhaa...A very brief ride, that is..for 50 pakistani rupees. (=S$1.42!!!)

We had the local cuisine for dinner at a restaurant in the hotel, "The Pakastini". Yah..how creative the name is...right? "-_-" But the food was gooooooood and cheeeeeeeeeeeeeap cheeeeeeeeeap!

And so, the next day, Jenn and I did nothing but stay in the hotel. Eating a sumptous "All American Breakfast" in the room, rot, sleep watch TV and chat till we prepare for our flight.
Oh yah..it was then that I fell in love with the songs "You're beautiful" and "Goodbye my lover" by James Blunt. He happened to be on Oprah Winfrey's program and he sang the songs live!! He called these two songs really "miserable"...and he wrote the songs himself. "You're beautiful" was written when he saw his ex-gf at the Tube..with a new man... "Goodbye my lover" was pretty much self-explanatory. He sang with such great emotions (and teary eyes!?) that i was really touched by it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was my birthday as we travelled back to Singapore. I received two hugs. Both from Jenn....one at Pakistan's time and the other at Singapore's time. Hahahhaaa..Well, it was my first time spending my birthday (at least the first 8 hours) on a plane, in the middle of........nowhere....... :p Thanks Jenn. *hugz*

Overall, an interesting trip!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Here's the lyrics of my fave song at the moment:

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blind and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind but then I knew it,My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your head.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

Goodbye my lover.Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.You have been the one for me.(2x)

I am a dreamer and when I wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.
I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child.I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true.
I can not live without you.Goodbye my lover.

Goodbye my friend.You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.(2x)

And I still hold your hand in mine.
In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bear my soul in time,
When I'm kneeling at your feet.

Goodbye my lover.Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.You have been the one for me.(2x)
I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow.I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.(X2)

No comments: