22 August 2006

:: Roma ::

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Back from Roma, Italy, a country I really adore!!
Love the culture, love the history, love the architects, love the food, love the people...
People are simply friendly and always willing to help when you looked puzzled.
Even when there is language problem, they don't just walk away...
In fact, i've been approached by two strangers. It's funny.


One of them is the secuirty personnel at the entrance of Musei Vaticani (Vatican Museum where it also leads to the famous Sistine Chapel). He looked and smiled at me as i walked thru the security check point. The he turned and said shyly..."You're beautiful." Hahhaaa....
I almost burst into laughter and rolled onto the floor. But i think i should maintain this "beautiful" image for him. Just for him. :)
Then as Louis went up to explore (since i had already been here 2 years ago), I sat there with two other gals. The Museum was about to close and security personnel were asking the people staying in the hall (where we were) to exit. So these 2 fellow came up and told us to leave in his broken english and very strong italian accent.

Security guy 1: Ex..suse me, Madam....the musei is closing....you....have to leave.....
Me: Ok...but where is the exit?
Security guy 1: Oh...my bro..ther, (pointing at the guy who made the "beautiful" comment), will show you the way.. *wink*
I saw the other guy blushing. I smiled and made my way thru on my own. Hahaha...
Damn! he's cute and I should have waited for him to lead me out instead.


The second incident happend as I was looking for a shop that sells mask for my bro and sis-in-law. At the corner of my eye, I saw this guy walking beside me and kept looking at my direction...I walked several steps more and he maintained the same pace. Finally, i turned and he quickly smiled and asked where I am from, blah blah blah...And his name is Antonio! (He's cute too....Ooooh how i love italian guys!!) Unfortunately, his english is really poor...and i know nothing about italian. I think he tried to ask me where I'm going or whatever....I just can't answer him. In the end, we shook hands and off I went into the shop. What a waste!! I wanna learn italian!!! Hahahhaa... Anne would have encouraged me to since her boyfriend is an italian!
Hmm...Probably if Jenn is around, she would've gotten his email, his number or even a dinner date...:'( Where is she when i needed her??!?!?!?

This place is overwhelmed by tourist everyday!!
No matter where i go (in the town of course other than our secluded hotel!!!) i see tourist.
And its PACKED, even on a weekday! I wonder how much revenue does tourism industry in italy generate in each year.

I just love Italy. I hope to go there again. But this time round, i hope to get the Milan flight so I'm able to visit Venice again! Hmm...i don't mind Rome...Perhaps then i can drive down to the beautiful Firenze (Florence)!

(ooooh, i've made a wish at the Trevi fountain so i shld be going back again!)

Ciao~


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Roman Colosseum (or Flavian Amphitheater )

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Outside St Basillica at Vaitcan city...where the pope is!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Fontana Di Trevi.
Supposedly if you make wish here (accompanied by the tossing of a coin into the fountain), you'll come back to Italy again. 2 years ago, i did that, and here I am 2 years later. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hmm..a lamppost(with a missing lamp) at Fontona Di Trevi

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
At Palentine near Colosseum
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The famous Spanish Steps

No comments: