24 October 2006

:: Fuming mad ::

Imagine this situation.
He came over to my house and as we were about to leave, I informed my bro (he's in the toilet) that i'll be using the Honda as I couldn't find the key for Spark. Guess what my bro replied? "Don't make my car SMELLY!" in chinese. I was totally disgusted by that response. And you think this person here doesn't understand chinese? We just leave the house without driving.

Luckily, he was cool about it and he can understand.

But I was fuming mad! First of all, the car doesn't belong to my bro! It's my dad coz he paid for it! I have never ever claim that the car is mine even though i drove it. That aside, I have, all along knew he doesn't like any other people other than his own race, BUT that doesn't give him the right to be RUDE! Especially when that person is here and he understand chinese!!
I just think it was toally uncalled for.

When i came home later, he wanted to have a talk with me. He reiterate the fact that he doesn't him (well he never like any of my boyfriends even though they are chinese). But I told him I knew and there's nothing I can do about it. He said since the day i made this decision, i should have known that people will look at me in a different way. And that I have to accept that he won't accept him. Well, the thing is I thought through all these and I know what I am into. Well he also talked about other things.

He even said I should spare a thought for my parents..that I am upsetting them by doing these. Guess what? I know all along..that's why i have been hesitating to tell them after these years..just to make sure this relationship is going to be certain. Well, now...my parents have seen him, they have talked to me..and they have seemed to be ok with him already. So I told my bro i have spoken to my parents and they are ok already. However, my bro said that they are ok because I am their daughter and they love me. But if I were to really asked them, deep down they won't be ok.

So what am i suppose to do? I dun purposely go and look for someone that my parents or my bro doesn't like. It just happened! And its not like the person is some crook or thief or some gangsters!

Sigh. I never expect my bro to like him and i told him..if there ever gonna be this day, its a bonus. But till now, I have never expect the day to come.

And then ultimately, he said he hoped i know what I am doing and don't make my parents worry anymore. Of coz i know that!

And I never forget this comment he made some time ago, that if I ever marry him and become a muslim, he will treat it as he has never had this sister before.

Sometimes I feel so angry about it. Sometimes I feel sad. Tell me what have i done wrong? Just because I love someone who is not my race, not of the same religion? And is this person less humane than anyone of my own race and religion?
Tell me where have i done wrong.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving your boyfriend is nothing wrong in this world. Come on dont be sad, colin sister also married a muslim man, the whole family couldnt accept the fact too. But now they love him. They need time and more outings together. Maybe, but how i feel is that you can tried to blend him into your family outings, let them know him as a person, they are wary of him, cos they dont know him. Let them understand that you made a lovely decision to be with him.

:: Velviie :: said...

if only it is that easy. My parents are ok. Well, my bro...? i dunno? He himself told me he WON'T accept him and i should accept that fact. Well, i have already accept lor! I just feel that even if u dun like the other race, u dun have to purposely be rude especially when that person had done anything wrong.

Anonymous said...

I dont think you should get worked up over this issue... Just let it pass and threat it like some lame joke. Look at it this way, obstacles are there to make us grow stronger together; and thats what we will do. :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA what nonsense is this? btw, how old is your bro? 5?

Mr. Liew said...

You have not done anything wrong. There are so many other things in this world and in a relationship than to have to worry about race or religion. Ultimately, its your own decision and something that you have to be happy with. Don't let your brother put you down, be strong... And hey, when you gonna come to Perth again? Its getting warmer now! :)

:: Velviie :: said...

i know i should be strong and disregard it. Well, in fact i am..and the bad thing is...i'm not talking to him as much as usual. Sigh...and i really dun like this. I guess you can't have the best of both world.