03 May 2007

:: someone ::

And so I let it all out.
Said everything I felt.
"Nothing" was the result.
As usual the door is shut.

I thought that was enough.
It has been tough.
I just want some connection,
Not isolation.
I just need some concern,
Not some nonchalance.

You said you were here all along.
I said i have never felt so alone.
You said this is your way of loving.
I said this is all wrong.
I need someone to depend on.
But where have you gone?

I do not need someone perfect.
But someone I can relate.
I do not need someone ideal.
But someone who makes me feel real.
I do not need a superman.
But someone who can hold my hand firmly throughout our life span.
Be it good times or bad times,
Someone who is my pillar of strength;
Someone who I can say we are one.

Are you that someone?
You said you are.
You want me to believe.
I want to, baby.
But darling, you have to show me.
You said you will keep trying.
And I will be right here waiting.

No comments: